recycle

recycle

пятница, 7 ноября 2014 г.

Let's know each other better

My name is Ivan Krasilshchikov, I'm 17 years old. I was born and raised in Russia, in the city of Bryansk.


   I studied in Bryansk Gymnasium №2 for 10 years , before one event changed my life completely - became a finalist of the program FLEX.
  Talk a little about it. Program FLEX - is a non-profit exchange program for high school students from the CIS countries, conducted since 1992. The objectives of the program - the achievement of mutual understanding between the two cultures that have been protected one from another with an "iron curtain" for a long time. 
The program is fully funded by the US Government. In 23 years of its existence more than 23 million students went to America on the FLEX program and spent a year studying in American schools, and living in the American host families.
  Here I am with the end of August 2014 I live in the lovely town of Fallbrook in the blessed state of California in the wonderful family of Steven and Dona Johnson. These wonderful people with great joy that brought me into his family, surrounded by love and care. The whole year I will learn in the senior class in Fallbrook High School, as an ordinary American schoolboy, will, as they participate in various school aktivitis, clubs and sports.

   Under the terms of the program, all participants must keep her active social life and participate in the various activities undertaken by the FLEX or placement organization, talk about culture, customs, achievements and characteristics of his native country. (By the way, here I am also very lucky. My host organization - AFS - considered the most welcoming and very caring. AFS, thank you for everything !!! 😊) 
But I must say that the atmosphere of relations between exchange students and organizers is so friendly that we are more willing to participate in all competitions and projects. It's such a great pleasure to engage in interesting work and to see how the results of your efforts encouraging people and motivate them.
One of the projects in which I participated was the Global New Media Lab. The purpose of the GNML is to provide students participating in three of the Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs' high school academic exchanges with the skills to actively engage in and teach others about the use of social media and other forms of information technology for greater civic engagement. 
Global New Media Lab (GNML), is a joint initiative of the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and PH International. Project Harmony (PH) is an international organization which aims to build a strong global community by fostering civic leadership, harnessing Internet technology, and facilitating cross-cultural learning.
PH strives towards a world where individuals and communities collaborate across borders to resolve global challenges and where solutions are: rooted in cultural understanding; inspired by a sense of shared responsibility in each other's lives; strengthened by individuals empowered with skills and knowledge; and sustained through open communication, exchange and friendship. Project Harmony pursues this vision by conducting innovative programs around the world that use online engagement, exchanges, practical skills development, and community coalition-building to support global collaboration. (I was very happy to learn that in Russia we also have Russian branch of PH International. On my return to Russia, I will continue to work with this exciting project.)
  This blog, namely its creation and subsequent management - one of the tasks of GNML. As a topic, I chose: Can garbage be "smart" or how to improve the sustainability of household waste in Bryansk. I believe it is not only very interesting and useful for reference, but also quite applicable in practice. I hope that my research will benefit the ecology of our city, if the conclusions that I have made in the course of work, people will be taken into service.
It's no secret that the problem of ecology - is a universal problem. And everyone agree that it should be solved. But how? Speaking with common words, all of us can assent well-made environmental slogans and lament the terrible environmental situation. But not many can do something. So I decided to explore this topic a little, but literally every person knows about main problem - the trash. I believe that even at this individual level, on a scale of one family my research will benefit for the family, society, and nature, it is not difficult , although requires actions of each family member. How well would it be if everyone will do a rational approach to the choice of packaging materials when buying products. When people know exactly how to benefit the nature, they will gladly do it. Especially since it does not require any additional effort, you only need to know and remember what is harmful, and what is not.
So, I invite you into my Social Media for Social Change Campaign blog: Ecology: First Stepsdevoted to the ecology of my city of Bryansk and my attempts to improve it.

3 комментария:

  1. Hey, Vanya!
    I like your blog's design so much :)
    Can't wait to read more about your campaign!
    Best of luck to you.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Hi Vanya! thanks for this very interesting blog and your efforts to improve ecology of Bryansk! fully support you and wish you good luck!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Hello, Ivan!
    I am also interested in the theme of recycling household waste. So I'll be your constant reader. Unfortunately, I do not know much English, so I translate your article via Google translator. But the thing is worth the effort.

    ОтветитьУдалить